The amazing Bryston BR-20 Preamplifier merges the newly-designed, best-ever fully balanced analog preamp architecture with the award-winning digital to analog conversion (DAC) and built-in streaming borrowed from our well regarded BDP series.
BR-20 is the ultimate audiophile hub, including the features and connectivity to accommodate the demands of the modern audiophile. From the best ever built-in headphone amplifier, to optional phono inputs for vinyl collectors and 4K HDMI inputs for DSD playback and A/V connectivity, the BR-20 has been engineered to work with nearly any source.
Bryston’s innovative analog circuitry (designed specifically for the BR-20 preamplifier) has yielded the lowest noise and distortion measurements in the 40-plus year history of the Bryston brand. For the music enthusiast, this means more lifelike performances, more detail, and more dimensionality from the recordings you love.
The BR-20 comes with the BR-4 remote plus RS232 and network connectivity for limitless control options.
Years of R&D have resulted in a new Bryston discrete operational amplifier that outperforms all that have come before. Each BR-20 measures at or below 0.0006 % THD+N (an exceptionally low number) giving your music incredible room to breathe.
Bryston combined the award-winning BDA-3 DAC with an updated BDP streaming platform into the system so you can get the best possible digital performance from the built in player, or the digital source of your choosing.
The internal headphone amplifier has also been updated to deliver more power and lower output impedance, effortlessly powering even difficult loads.
Finally, the package includes the best-ever Bryston phono preamp and an all-new HDMI card as options for even greater flexibility in any system. Bryston confidently say the new BR-20 is their best preamp ever!
- 2 ea. Balanced and Single Ended Inputs.
- 2 ea. Balanced Outputs.
- All New fully discrete Class A analog circuitry.
- Independent power supply for analog and digital circuits.
- Relay switching on all inputs.
- Software control and balanced action volume control.
- Included high-res DAC up to PCM 384 kHz / 32 bit and DSD x 4
- Digital Inputs include 2 ea. AES/EBU, TOSLINK, S/PDIF (RCA) and 1 ea. USB
- Included high resolution streamer plays back virtually any file format at native resolution.
- Control entire system using intuitive webUI on a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Low Z Headphone amplifier is a dedicated headphone circuit capable of powering even very difficult to drive headphones.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ±0.05 dB
- Signal-to-Noise: Balanced -110 dBr / Single-Ended -110 dBr
- IMD: <0.0003 %
- THD + Noise: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, <0.0006 %
- Weight: 5.5 kg / 12 lbs
- Dimensions (Inches): 17 / 19 W x 4.6 H x 13 D
- Power: Standby 0.5 W / Idle 45 W / Playing 45 W
- Silver or black faceplate.
- 17-inch or 19-inch faceplate (non-rack mountable).
- Internal 4 input, 1 output HDMI card, 4K HDR compatible. Can also receive DSD over HDMI.
- Internal MM Phono Stage (replaces 1 RCA analog input).
Full Bryston Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Bryston, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.