The Huei Phono Stage has been carefully designed to provide turntables with the same high standards of amplification that Chord Electronics has become known for.
Benefitting from both Moving Magnet and Moving Coil functionality, Huei offers compatibility with a huge range of cartridges thanks to comprehensive gain and impedance-matching options. High-gain and low-gain switching settings are easily accessible via front-panel controls, introducing welcome flexibility.
Advanced design offers ultra-low-noise microprocessor control of the main features, including a convenient memory function, multiple options for impedance-matching, seven-stage switchable gain and a switchable rumble filter. Huei delivers comprehensive compatibility.
Precision-machined from solid aircraft-grade aluminium billet, Huei has a similar form factor to Chord’s Qutest DAC and also offers a top-mounted viewing window into the illuminated electronics within.
The design also shares the same polychromatic control spheres the company has become known for in its digital products. The illuminated front-panel spheres offer direct access to gain and impedance settings, selection for MM/MC cartridges and access to the on-board rumble filter.
Huei is a stylish, practical and high-performance solution for integrating turntables into existing systems, featuring both unbalanced (RCA) and balanced outputs (XLR) with RCA inputs. A high-quality 12V external power supply is also supplied.
- Supported Cartridges: Moving Magnet (MM), Moving Coil (MC)
- Inputs: 1x Stereo unbalanced RCA input
- Outputs: 1x Stereo unbalanced RCA output, 1x Stereo balanced XLR output
- Input Impedance: Moving Magnet 47,000Ω, Moving Coil 100Ω – 3,700Ω, 12-step user selectable
- Gain Range: Moving Magnet: 21dB – 42dB, 8-step user selectable, Moving Coil 49dB – 70dB, 8-step user selectable
- Input Noise: 1.1nV/Hz
- Max Output Voltage RMS: 20v RMS
- Equalisation Response: RIAA Curve
- Equalisation Accuracy: ±0.1dB
- Frequency Response: RIAA Curve = 12Hz to 25kHz
- Rumble Filter: Rausch Slope -24dB per octave below 50Hz
- Output Impedance: 520Ω (resistive)
- Input Power Supply: 12v – 100v to 240v 50/60Hz PSU
- Dimensions: 41mm (H) x 160mm (W), 72mm (D)
- Weight: 657g