When playing vinyl records, the music we hear, in reality, comes from the motor.
The motor is the only source of energy in the system, and it is this energy that drives the record past the stylus, thus making the music we hear. Any amount of noise or fluctuation in the drive system will adversely impact the music. Detail, dynamics, timbre, timing and musicality are just some of the qualities that will suffer as a result.
Tempo Precision Motor Drive takes control of the record player motor, providing it with smoother drive, lower noise and lower distortion. As with the Vertere reference motor drive, the internal circuits are uniquely microprocessor based, providing pure sine waves in the digital domain, then converting to analogue via an on-board DAC. Two waveforms are derived – cosine and sine – which are then amplified using two bridged amplifiers to power the motor.
Tempo enhances the musical performance and makes the experience of listening to vinyl on the RG-1 or the SG-1 much closer to the original master recording.
- New generation digital motor drive.
- High-precision microprocessor controlled.
- Gold-plated PCB.
- Double-shielded circuitry.
- Dedicated motor link.
- Technology: Microprocessor Controlled & Programmable
- Input Power: Dedicated DC Power Supply
- Output Drive: Bi-phase Bridged Amplifier
- Output: Precision Sine & Cosine Waves
- Output Adjustment: 33 | 45 Phase Angle & Level
- Output Voltage: 17.5 Vac rms (Two Phases)
- LED Illumination Output: 12 Vdc (Fixed)
- THD+N: <0.1%
- Circuit Shielding: Triple Shielded
- Motor Link Cable: Dedicated Two Phase + LED Power
- Power Consumption: <30 Watts Max.
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 220 x 128 x 58 mm (including selector & feet )
- Weight: 1.3 kg
Full Vertere Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Vertere Acoustics, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.