Although M-DAC has a vast array of features including USB, optical, and coaxial digital inputs, it’s winning feature without doubt its scintillating sound quality.
Alongside the USB input with asynchronous data processing, there are two each of coaxial and optical digital inputs, and one each of coaxial and optical digital outputs.
Audio signal is provided via RCA single-ended and XLR balanced audio.
High-res 24-bit/192kHz music files can be played on the M-DAC via the coaxial input, while optical and USB inputs support 24-bit/96kHz data.
While enjoying the high resolution audio via its digital inputs a wide choice of filters are also available to optimise your listening experience across a variety of audio formats and personal preferences.
- 2011: What Hi-Fi? Sound And Vision – Product Of The Year
- 2011: What Hi-Fi? Sound And Vision – 5* Award
- 2012: Hi-Fi Choice – 5* Award
- 2012: Hi-Fi Choice – Editors Choice
- 2012: What Hi-Fi? Sound And Vision – Best Digital Headphone Amp
- 2012: Hi-Fi News – Outstanding Product
- 2013: Hi-Fi Choice – Group Test Winner
- 2013: Hi-Fi Choice – 5 Globe Award
- 2014: What Hi-Fi? Sound And Vision – Best DAC £500 – £700
- 2015: What Hi-Fi? Sound And Vision – 5* Recommended Laptop System (with Grado SR325E / Macbook Air)
M-DAC is the multi award-winning range of standalone digital-to-analogue converters from Audiolab, comprising Nano, Mini, the original M-DAC, M-DAC Plus, and M-ONE models.
The range covers pure high-resolution D/A conversion, plus both digital and analogue amplification, and various levels of input/output flexibility, portability and usage.
- Description: Digital-to-analogue converter
- DAC: ESS Sabre32 9018 chip
- Resolution: 32 bits
- Maximum Sampling Frequency: 84.672MHz
- Digital Input: 2x 24-bit/192kHz coaxial, 2x 24-bit/96kHz Toslink optical, 1x 24-bit/96kHz USB
- Digital Output: 1x coaxial, 1x Toslink optical
- Output Voltage: RCA 2.25V RMS, XLR 4.5V RMS
- Total Harmonic Distortion: RCA <0.002%, XLR <0.0008%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic Range: RCA: >115dB, XLR >122dB
- Crosstalk: RCA < -120dB, XLR < -130dB
- Accessories: Power cord, remote control handset, batteries, user manual