A high-performance, multi-purpose audio DAC for home use. M-DAC+ is designed to sit on a desk or table, or integrate into a hi-fi system.
Incorporating a highly specified, audiophile-quality digital preamplifier and Class A output stage for connection to a power amp and speakers, plus a high-quality output for headphone use.
Like the original M-DAC, the M-DAC+ incorporates the ES9018 Sabre Reference 32-bit DAC chipset, still widely regarded as the finest available. A proprietary, discrete master clock minimises jitter, coupled with extensive time domain isolation.
The JFET Class-A output stage ensures that the audio signal, following conversion from the digital domain to analogue, is of the highest quality.
M-DAC Plus now processes audio data up to 32-bit/384kHz via USB; a far higher specification than that required by current hi-res music formats. This addition to the Audiolab family is fully equipped for future advances in ultra-high-definition digital sound.
The USB input now also accepts DSD files compatible with DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 – a significant addition, as DSD has an important role to play in the developing high-resolution digital download scene.
The M-DAC Plus also features user-selectable filters, allowing the user to tune performance to suit his or her preference. Seven filter settings are inherited from M-DAC for PCM files, with four more for DSD playback.
Finally, an upgraded power supply is now incorporated within the M-DAC+ chassis, and a precision-wound toroidal transformer uses multiple windings to feed separate analogue and digital rectification stages. The result is the highest performance power supply that Audiolab have yet specified for any DAC in the range.
M-DAC is the multi award-winning range of standalone digital-to-analogue converters from Audiolab, comprising Nano, Mini, the original M-DAC, M-DAC Plus, and M-ONE models.
The range covers pure high-resolution D/A conversion, plus both digital and analogue amplification, and various levels of input/output flexibility, portability and usage.
- General Description: Digital-to-Analogue Converter
- DAC: ESS Sabre32 9018 Chip
- Sampling Rate: 24-bit / 192kHz (Optical, Coaxial, AES), 32-bit / 384kHz (USB), 2.8MHz (DSD64), 5.6MHz (DSD128), 11.2MHz (DSD256)
- Digital Input: 2x Coaxial, 2x Toslink Optical, 1x AES/EBU, 1x USB for PC USB, 1x USB for iPod/iPhone/iPad
- Digital Output: 1x Coaxial, 1x Toslink Optical
- Output Voltage: Balanced 4.5V RMS, Unbalanced 2.25V RMS
- Output Impedance: Balanced: 20Ω, Unbalanced: 10&Omega
- THD (1kHz 0dB 20Hz – 20kHz A-weighted): <0.002%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (&Plusmn; 0.2dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: RCA > -115dB, XLR: > -120dB
- Dynamic Range: RCA > 115dB, XLR > 120dB
- Crosstalk: RCA > 120dB, XLR > 130dB
Full Audiolab Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Audiolab, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality audio products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.