Digital audio, from disc, computer or streamer, is an accepted part of today’s audiophile world. However, there are few, if any, affordable products which fully exploit the potential of modern high resolution audio formats. Leema’s Elements DAC re-defines what is possible, establishing a new benchmark and transforming digital and computer based audio in to captivating and enthralling sound.
Incorporating technologies only seen in ultra high-end brands, Elements DAC by Leema Acoustics seamlessly blends stunning audiophile reproduction with the convenience of computer-based audio. Three optical inputs and three co-axial inputs ensure all of your digital sources (such as satellite receivers, Sonos music systems, Sony Playstation and DVD players) can easily be accommodated.
A single analogue input provides dedicated connectivity for conventional audio components. In addition, the Elements DAC USB interface will make the very best of your computer based music collection.
Proprietary technologies allow asynchronous data transfer mode to be initiated between the Elements DAC and computer, with fully automated sample frequency selection. Communication between a computer and USB DAC conventionally uses synchronous mode, forcing the DAC to slavishly follow the computer’s unpredictable and mistimed digital audio signal. This causes the DAC to randomly speed up or slow down, leading to excessive jitter and its associated and undesirable distortion artefacts.
Leema’s Elements DAC invokes the far more elegant asynchronous mode in which the DAC becomes the master, sending sophisticated control signals to the computer which precisely regulates the transmitted digital audio stream. This allows the high-precision clock circuitry on board the DAC to control the transfer process, reducing jitter and any associated distortion or temporal effects to astonishingly low levels, close to the theoretical technical limits achievable.
Elements DAC can be used as a conventional audio source without a volume control or set to pre-amplifier mode, which enables the front panel volume control for use with a power amplifier. The inclusion of balanced outputs via XLR connectors, a front panel mini jack input for analogue portable audio devices, full remote control and a dedicated class A headphone amplifier completes the picture.
- Premium-quality audiophile Digital-to-Analogue Converter.
- Multiple digital inputs, optical & coaxial.
- High-precision onboard clock circuit.
- Incredibly precise DAC-Master Asynchronous Mode.
- Can be used as a pre-amplifier.
- Built-in headphone amplifier.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz (+/- 0.25 dB)
- Distortion: < 0.001 % (@ 1 kHz)
- Crosstalk: < -95 dB (@ 20 kHz)
- THD: < 0.005 % (@ 0 dBFs)
- Jitter: < 50 ps (@ 1 kHz)
- Unbalanced (RCA) Outputs: 1
- Balanced (XLR) Outputs: 1
- Pre-Inputs (unbalanced RCA): 1
- MP3 Inputs (Front Panel 3.5 mm jack): 1
- Digital Inputs:
- S/PDIF Coax: 3
- S/PDIF Optical: 3
- USB: 1
- Headphone Outputs (3.5 mm jack): 1
- Output Levels / Fixed Gain Mode (0 dB @ 1 kHz)
- Unbalanced = 2.1 V RMS
- Balanced = 4.2 V RMS
- DAC: Quattro 24-bit / 192 kHz with multiple CS 4351
- Mute Button: Yes
- LIPS system: Master or Slave
- Dimensions: 220 x 340 x 88 mm
- Carton: 370 x 450 x 210 mm
- Weight: 6 kg
Full Leema Acoustics Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Leema Acoustics, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality audio products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.
There are no reviews yet.