The Dan Clark Audio Ether 2 is their top-of-the-line, open-back, planar magnetic headphone. Featuring a highly optimized driver, motor, baffle, and headband designed to synergistically blend stunningly lifelike sound with industry-leading comfort and reliability.
Ether 2 has an entirely new motor designed around TrueFlow technology. The result is a major improvement in linearity, dynamics, and detail.
To make the most of the increased resolution of the motor, Dan Clark Audio developed an all-new diaphragm that’s 70% less aluminium trace weight than the original Ether Flow driver. As a result, Ether 2 delivers incredible clarity, powerful, fast bass, liquid mids, and a smooth, balanced top end that’s incredibly resolving yet not at all bright to deliver a coherent, dynamic and remarkably balanced performance.
These headphones are light – really light. In fact almost 90g lighter than the already-very-light and comfortable Ether Flow model. Ether 2 sports an all-metal headphone cup and headband, with a carbon fiber driver baffle. At under 290g, Ether 2 is not only the lightest full size planar magnetic headphone on the market, it may also be the lightest top-of-the-line headphone from any high-end vendor.
- Supplied with VIVO silver-plated OFHC copper cable
- Swappable earpads
- Webbed head-strap
- Carbon-fibre driver baffle
- All-metal construction
- Model: Ether 2
- Driver Type: Planar Magnetic
- Driver Size: 71x45mm
- Impedance: 16 Ohms
- Weight: 290g
- Ear Pad Material: Synthetic Protein
- Shipping Dimensions: 11in x 9in x 6in (27.94mm x 22.86mm x 15.24mm)
- Shipping Weight 3lb (1.36kg)
- Frequency Response Yes. (Dan Clark Audio say that the industry has no standards for measuring or publishing such results, and many published specs wildly overstate the headphones potential. They prefer not to play this game!)