Second-generation version of the original CDA2 from 2010, and developed as the ideal partner for the ATC P2 power amplifier and active speaker designs, the CDA2 MK2 CD / DAC / Pre-Amplifier combines convenient USB access to up to 24/384 kHz PCM/Quad DSD high-resolution music streaming with an upgraded CD transport and a premium 32-bit DAC.
CDA2 also offers dedicated headphone amplification and wider input selection, along with analogue circuits redesigned for an even wider, flatter frequency response with very low distortion.
ATC have also announced that on 21st February 2021, the CDA2 MK2 received Roon Tested certification from Roon Labs. All Roon Tested devices are profiled by the Roon QA Team so that Roon can identify them and automatically configure its settings to optimal. This means that you can just plug them in to the CDA2 MK2 and know you will be able to enjoy the best in high-performance audio.
Roon transforms the experience of browsing music. Artist photos, credits, bios, reviews, lyrics, tour dates, and composers are located automatically, then interconnected by links to build a surfable, searchable digital magazine about your entire music collection.
Roon also links all of your personal files with the millions of tracks available on TIDAL and Qobuz, so you can start with the music you know, then explore and discover new music from the world beyond your collection. Roon runs on most Mac, Windows, and Linux PCs as a server, with an Android or iOS smartphone/tablet used as a control point.
Made in the UK, CDA2 MK2 is supplied with IR remote control and is covered by a six-year warranty.
- All-discrete class-A pre-amplifier with balanced and unbalanced outputs.
- Two analogue inputs via RCA/phono and one via 3.5 mm mini-jack.
- High performance CD Player.
- Premium AKM 32-bit DAC.
- USB digital input supporting up to 384 kHz PCM data and native DSD256.
- Headphone amp featuring discrete output stage.
- Roon Tested Certification
- Handmade in England.
- 6 year warranty. (2 years on CD mechanism)
- CD Player
- 1 kHz < 0.0015 % (-96 dB)
- 10 kHz < 0.003 % (-90 dB)
- Frequency Response (20 Hz–20 kHz): ±0.2 dB
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): < 2 Hz – > 280 kHz
- Distortion (1kHz): < 0.0008 % / 102 dB
- Input sensitivity for 2 V Output: Aux inputs 600 mV 3.5 mm inputs 400 mV
- Maximum Output Level: Phono 9.2 V RMS, XLR 18.4 V RMS
- Overload Capacity: 13 dB
- Input Impedance: 14 kOhms
- Output Impedance: 10 Ohms
- S+N/N Ratio: Wide Band > 96 dB, DIN > 108 dB, IEC-A > 112 dB
- Absolute Phase: Phono Zero Degrees, XLR Zero Degrees (Pin 2 Hot)
- Output XLR CMRR (100 Hz – 10 kHz): > 60 dB
- Digital Input (Optical / Coaxial)
- < 0.001 % at all supported sample rates
- 44.1 kHz, 48.0 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96.0 kHz, 192.0 kHz
- (192 kHz supported via coaxial input only)
- Digital Inputs (USB)
- <0.001% at all supported sample rates
- 44.1 kHz, 48.0 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96.0 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192.0 kHz, 352.8 kHz, 384 kHz
- Supported Wordlengths
- Optical and Coaxial: 16bit and 24bit
- USB: 16bit, 24bit and 32bit
- Frequency Response -1 dB: < 10 Hz – 50 kHz
- Supported DSD Rates:
- Windows DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256
- MacOS DSD64 and DSD128
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 90 x 445 x 330 mm
- Weight: 7 kg / 15.4 lbs
Full ATC Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for ATC Loudspeakers, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.