The active version of these award-winning loudspeakers takes everything that made the SCM40 so competent, and adds high-quality tri-amplification plus active crossover filters and built-in overload / fault protection, which wins them 5-star reviews in their own right from What Hi-Fi?
SCM40A presents with a lovely cohesion throughout the frequency range, no doubt as a result of the superb in-house engineered drive units plus satisfyingly weighty & solidly-built cabinets. Pair with the ATC CA2 Preamplifier or the CDA2 CD/Preamp/DAC for the basis of a truly excellent home sound system.
- New ATC designed and built dual suspension 25 mm soft dome HF unit with precision alloy wave guide.
- ATC Soft Dome mid-range driver.
- ATC 164 mm short coil bass driver.
- All drive units incorporate massive optimised motor assemblies.
- On-board grounded source 242 watt Class A/B Tri-amplifier.
- Active crossover filters and overload protection.
- 6 year warranty.
- Drivers: HF ATC 25 mm dual suspension Tweeter, Mid 75 mm ATC Soft Dome, LF ATC 164 mm SC
- Matched Response: ±0.5 dB
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 48 Hz – 22 kHz
- Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal, ±10° Coherent Vertical
- Max SPL: 112 dB
- Crossover Frequencies: 380 Hz & 3.5 kHz
- Input Connector: Female XLR
- Input Sensitivity : 1 V
- Filters : 4th Order critically damped with phase compensation.
- Overload Protection : Active FET momentary gain reduction.
- Fault Protection : DC fault protection and thermal trip. Fault indication on rear panel mounted LED.
- Amplifier Output: 150W LF, 60W MF, 32W HF
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 980 x 370 x 344mm (inc. foot plinth, spikes add 25 mm to height, grills adds 34 mm to depth)
- Weight: 36 kg
Full ATC Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for ATC, and can provide presale advice and aftersales service on their range of excellent loudspeakers and electronics. Please do get in touch if you would like to arrange a demonstration.