The powerful 706 S3 by Bowers & Wilkins is the ideal stand-mount loudspeaker for delivering exceptional sound in larger spaces.
Carbon Dome tweeters are purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminium double dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47 kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
Thanks to its composite construction, the Continuum™ cone avoids the abrupt transitions in behaviour that can impair the performance of a conventional drive unit. The result is a more open, neutral performance that delivers voices and instruments with precision and transparency.
The new curved cabinet baffle and individual drive unit pods are inspired by the 800 Series Diamond, and greatly reduce cabinet coloration, ensuring a cleaner, more immersive sound.
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Continuum™ cone bass / midrange
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Drive Units:
- 1 x 25 mm Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
- 1 x 165 mm Continuum cone bass / midrange
- Frequency Range: 45 Hz – 33 kHz
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz – 28 kHz ±3 dB
- Sensitivity: 88 dB spl (2.83 Vrms, 1 m)
- Harmonic Distortion: 2nd + 3rd harmonics (90 dB, 1 m on axis) / < 1 % 100 Hz – 22 kHz / < 0.5 % 150 Hz – 20 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ω (minimum 3.7 Ω)
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 30 W – 120 W into 8 Ω on unclipped programme
- Max Recommended Cable Impedance: 0.1 Ω
- Height: 345 mm cabinet only
- Width: 192 mm cabinet only
- Depth: 297 mm cabinet only / 334 mm including grille and terminals
- Net Weight: 8.42 kg
- Cabinet Finishes: Gloss Black / Satin White / Mocha
- Grille Finishes: Black / Grey (Satin White only)
Full Bowers & Wilkins Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Bowers & Wilkins, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality audio products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.