An innovative concept inspired by the legendary LS3/5a, the LS50 mini monitor speaker from KEF Audio is designed to bring the professional studio monitoring concept into the home audio realm.
Rarely the case in such a compact design, the LS50 monitor delivers a rich, multi-dimensional ‘soundstage experience’ that is out of all proportion to its size. Patent-pending acoustic designs, together with state-of-the-art technologies from KEF’s latest flagship Blade loudspeaker, provide the ultimate studio experience – even in the smallest of spaces.
LS50 employs revolutionary technology developed for Blade (KEF’s latest flagship loudspeaker). Using the very latest Uni-Q driver, specifically designed for this model, LS50 radiates an extremely large listening sweet spot and delivers a remarkably fast, clean sound.
Plus, because LS50 neither adds nor subtracts a single sound, it’s effortlessly natural and accurate too.
- Uni-Q driver array. HF: 25mm (1in.) vented aluminium dome, LF/MF: 130mm (5.25in.) with magnesium and aluminium alloy
- Amplifier requirements: 25W-100W
- Sensitivity: 85dB (2.83V/1m)
- Harmonic Distortion: 2nd & 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m) <0.4% 175Hz-20kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms (min.3.2Ohms)
- Maximum Output (SPL): 106dB
- Frequency Range: 47Hz – 45kHz (-6dB)
- Frequency Response: 79Hz – 28kHz (±3dB)
- Crossover Frequencies: 2.2 kHz