Every element of acoustic innovation featured in the Q Acoustics Concept 30 is geared towards designing the quietest cabinet possible. Unaffected by internal and external resonances, these speakers deliver focused stereo imaging, accurate audio and an extended holographic soundstage to emulate a live performance in the home.
All our anti-resonance innovations allow the state-of-the-art complement of drivers free to get on with the job of delivering the most realistic, most involving sound ever heard at this price-point.
Designed as an integral part of the mechanical structure of the cabinet, both the 5-inch mid/bass and 1-inch tweeter drivers are new, ground-up designs specifically for the Concept 30, 50 and 90 loudspeakers. The drive units are fixed to a remarkably stiff 3 mm aluminium baffle plate before it is fitted to the cabinet – this gives the correct acoustic seal, dampening vibrations and minimising structural coupling.
The tweeter is hermetically sealed and mechanically isolated (floating) from the baffle. This means lower distortion and a lower crossover point for seamless integration through the crossover region. At 30.5 mm, the larger mid/bass driver voice coil increases motor strength resulting in a 50 % increase in power handling over a comparable driver with 25.4 mm voice coil.
Lastly, the crossover itself is mounted to the isolation base, keeping it free of sound-effecting vibrations and away from the electro-magnetic influence of the drivers themselves.
Concept 30 boasts the same sophisticated design lines and stunning, premium high gloss finishes seen on the top-of-the-range 300 and 500 models. The new range also retains the signature aluminium front baffle plate that made the original Concept speakers so iconic. The Concept 30 arrives in three striking lacquers: black, silver and white.
- Gelcore™ cabinet construction reduces higher frequency cabinet noise.
- P2P™ (Point to Point™) internal bracing stiffens the cabinet to minimise lower frequency vibrations.
- Isolation suspension base eradicates unwanted external and internal vibrations.
- The driver assembly is mounted to the front aluminium baffle by pretensioned studs to give the correct acoustic seal, while dampen vibrations and minimise structural coupling in main cabinet.
- Ground-up mid / bass and tweeter driver design for increased power handling.
- High-frequency driver is fully hermetically sealed and mechanically isolated (floating) from the front baffle to protect from internal resonances from the mid/bass driver.
- Crossover design is mounted on the isolation base, to minimise any microphonic pick up and away from electro-magnetic fields radiated by the drive units.
- Bass Unit 1 x 125 mm
- Treble Unit 1 x 25 mm
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) 54 Hz – 30 kHz
- Nominal Impedance 6 Ω
- Minimum Impedance 3.9 Ω
- Sensitivity (2.83 V @ 1 kHz) 87 dB w/m
- Recommended Amplifier Power 25-100 W
- Crossover Frequency 2.4 kHz
- Distortion (120 Hz – 20 kHz, @ 2.83 Vrms) < 0.2 %
- Effective Volume 7.0 L
- Dimensions (per-loudspeaker / H x W x D) 284 x 180 x 319 mm
- Weight (per-loudspeaker) 7.9 kg
- 2 x Concept 30 speaker.
- 2 x Speaker grilles.
- 2 x Foam bungs.
- 1 x Owner’s manual.
Full Q Acoustics Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Q Acoustics, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality audio products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.