Notably more flexible than its predecessor, Hydra II by Leema Acoustics is a real technological chameleon, able to act in a multitude of roles, whilst always creating a life-like sound stage and maintaining the presence, texture and timbre of the original performance.
Exceptional dynamic range, resolution of fine detail and remarkable clarity, allow Hydra II to deliver music with captivating energy, even when driving the most demanding of modern audiophile loudspeakers. This exceptional design uses two massive toroidal power transformers: one for each channel, together with a separate transformer for the control circuitry.
The highly refined output stage features a very low output impedance. This, coupled with a high current capability ensures vice-like grip and precise control of the loudspeakers, even at very high levels.
- x1 Balanced XLR Input.
- x3 Unbalanced RCA Inputs.
- x1 Pre-Out Output.
- Role Options:
- Variable gain LIPS® stereo power amplifier, when used with the Leema Pyxis preamplifier.
- Variable gain LIPS® handed mono power amplifier, when used with the Leema Pyxis preamplifier.
- Fixed gain stereo / mono power amplifier, when used in conventional pre / power systems.
- Fixed gain LIPS® power amplifier, when used with the Leema Tucana II in bi-amp / tri-amp systems.
- Variable gain LIPS® slave power amplifier, when used with the Leema Tucana II in multi-channel systems.
- Three source LIPS® amplifier, when used with the Leema Antila CD player.
- Thermal Protection.
- LIPS® system: Master or Slave.
- Power Output: 8 Ohms – 148 Watts RMS per channel, 4 Ohms – 285 Watts RMS per channel
- Minimum Load Impedance: 2 Ohms.
- Output Current: > ±50 Amps
- Frequency Response: +0 / -3 dB @ 1 W, 5 Hz – 80 KHz
- Noise (A-Weighted, Vol Control Minimum): -100 dBm
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted, ref: 285 Watts RMS 4 Ohms): -104 dB
- THD (10 Watts RMS 4 Ohms, 1 KHz): 0.004 %
- THD (Max output before clipping, 4 Ohms, 1 KHz): 0.004 %
- Maximum DC Offset: ±15 mV
- Sensitivity for Max Output (CD input): 565 mV RMS
- Sensitivity for Max Output (other inputs): 311 mV RMS
- Output Impedance: 0.057 ohms Damping Factor (8 ohms): 140
- Dimensions: 440 x 320 x 110 mm
- Weight: 18 kg
Full Leema Acoustics Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Leema Acoustics, able to provide sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality audio products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.