The S/510 subwoofer design required upgrades to the ContinuousCast™ Alloy Cone to allow it to survive massive power upgrades. To permit its thin, aluminium cone to survive 500 watts and incredibly long stroke, REL added an ultra-lightweight backing of pure carbon fibre, strategically placed over portions of the rear surface of the cone.
This produces two benefits; strengthening and stiffening the cone, plus also eliminates reversion, wherein the back-wave inside the cabinet is now prevented from interfering with the main launch of bass into the room. The result is more accurate and far louder deep bass.
REL’s uniquely tuned passive radiators use special suspensions, now with an additional 8 mm of linear travel, to produce performance unlike conventional subwoofers. The new SuperProgressive™ passive radiator produces extremely long travel, allowing for very loud output whilst retaining variable stiffness suspension. This allows the S/510 subwoofer to act like a sealed box compact 12-inch design at low volumes and a high output 14-inch design at its limit.
The 500 watt NextGen3 amplifier is borrowed from REL’s former flagship model and produces huge reservoirs of power and current. The 20%+ increase in power (previous version was 400 watts) is needed to deliver the high output levels needed for modern theatre, as well as to produce the extremely deep bass in a high end 2-channel system. This increase in power is necessitated by our development on the musical front of an all-new circuit termed PerfectFilter™ that balance both frequency extremes.
PerfectFilter performs two seemingly disparate qualities; extending the strong, even response of the extreme low end of bass frequencies while simultaneously opening up air and delicacy in the middle and high frequencies of one’s system. Additionally, REL applied customized PureTheatre™ filters to allow S/510 to keep up with modern theatre effects, effortlessly.
- Compact Package
- S/510 Bass Engine
- SuperProgressive™ Passive Radiator
- 500W NEXTGEN3 Amplifier
- 3 Unit Line Array Stacking
- Type: Front-firing active woofer, down-firing passive radiator.
- Active Driver Size / Material: 10 in, 250 mm long-throw, die-cast aluminium chassis.
- Passive Radiator Size: 10 in, 300 mm
- Low Frequency Extension: -6dB @ 20 Hz
- Input Connectors: High-Level Neutrik Speakon, Low-Level stereo RCA, LFE RCA, LFE XLR
- Output Connectors: High-Level Neutrik Speakon, LFE RCA, LFE XLR
- Power Output: 500 W RMS
- Amplifier Type: NextGen3 Class D
- Wireless Capability: Yes, via REL AirShip system (not included, sold separately).
Full REL Acoustics Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for REL Acoustics, able to supply and advise upon their entire range of award-winning subwoofers.