The first portable Class-A AMP from Astell&Kern, the AK PA10 extracts all the subtle nuances in high resolution music when played back through varying headphones and IEMs to deliver a warm, detailed and refined sound. The premium device showcases the company’s renowned expertise in AMP circuit design technology to reduce the device’s power consumption and increase its output while eliminating distortions or defects.
Despite its small size, the AK PA10 supports 4.4 mm True Balanced input/output while its crossfeed function is implemented exclusively by hardware circuit design, rather than digital software, offering a more seamless and sophisticated crossfeed effect without degrading the original sound.
Class-A amplifiers offer the best linear output, providing soft, warm, and natural sounds by amplifying signals without distortions or defect. This characteristic makes it the most sought-after amplification method by music lovers, though it is considered impossible for portable audio devices as it requires high power consumption and design that is a difficult achievement for small devices.
AK PA10 integrates an analogue Class-A amplifier based on the unique circuit design technology of Astell&Kern, offering signature analogue sounds. With a unique circuit design that reduces power consumption and increases output while removing noise, AK PA10 is specifically designed to deliver the amazing sounds of an analogue Class-A amplifier anywhere and at any time.
Most portable headphone amps switch 3.5 mm Unbalanced signals to 4.4 mm Balanced signals or do not support a 4.4 mm Balanced connection at all. Such input/output combinations limit users from using the pure balanced output of the source device resulting in loss of signal during the transition process. Rare for a portable analog Class-A device, the AK PA10 supports 4.4 mm True Balanced input/output for high output and vivid audio. It also supports 3.5 mm unbalanced input/output ports so that you can use it with a wider variety of devices.
- Class-A amplification generating natural, spacious, distortion-free analogue sound.
- Two gain levels for powering your choice of headphones or earphones effortlessly.
- 3.5 mm and 4.4 mm independent audio circuitry.
- Class-A current control to fine-tune your sound.
- Hardware implemented cross-feed for lifelike stereo sound when using headphones.
- 12-hour battery life for all-day use.
- Model: AK PA10
- Body Colour: Graphite Gray
- Body Material: Aluminium + Silicone
- Analog Inputs: Unbalanced 3.5 mm / Balanced 4.4 mm
- Headphone Outputs: Unbalanced 3.5 mm / Balanced 4.4 mm
- Input Max Level: Unbalanced 2 Vrms / Balanced 4 Vrms
- Output Level:
- [Low Gain] Unbalanced 2.1 Vrms / Balanced 4.2 Vrms (Condition No Load)
- [High Gain] Unbalanced 3.1 Vrms / Balanced 6.2 Vrms (Condition No Load)
- Dimensions WxHxD: 73 x 140 x 23.3 mm
- Weight: 325 g
- Charging Port: USB Type-C
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 40 C
- Battery Capacity: 4,200 mAh 3.8 V Li-Polymer
- Charge Time: About 3 hours (Standard – 9 V / 1.67 A Fast Charging), about 4 hours (Standard – 5 V / 2 A General Charging)
- Playback Time: About 12 hours (Unbalanced / Input – 1 Vrms / Low Gain / Volume 30 %)
- 1 x Astell&Kern PA10 Portable Class-A Amplifier
- 1 x USB-C to USB-A Cable
- 1 x 3.5mm to 3.5mm AUX cable
- 2 x Silicone Bands
- 1 x Quick start guide
- 1 x Warranty Card
Full Astell&Kern Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Astell&Kern, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality portable / desktop audio products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.
There are no reviews yet.