Designed to be used with high performance digital-to-analog converters, the Aurender W20 is one of the few music servers to support external word clocks – as used in recording studios – plus dual-wire mode AES/EBU used by many reference digital-to-analog converters to separate transmission of left and right channels for better fidelity.
However, even without using the word clock input or dual AES/EBU outputs, the mains-fed battery power supply of the W20 provides a dramatically lower noise floor for a completely silent background, making hum a thing of the past.
In digital audio, jitter and noise in the audio signal can seriously affect the performance of digital-to-analog converters. The Aurender W20 is the world’s first music server to completely eliminate noise from AC power supplies and AC mains through the use of LiFePO4 (LFP) batteries to power audio components.
An FPGA-based All-Digital Phase-Locked Loop system with an Oven-Controlled Crystal Oscillator (OCXO) clock is used to maintain long term jitter to below negligible levels and specially designed circuitry provides clean, noise-free power to the dedicated USB digital audio output.
A solid-state caching drive for playback and extensive shielding using thick aluminium partitions also minimize and eliminate the many types of jitter and noise usually associated with the use of disk drives for playback.
Designed to be matched with high-performance digital-to-analog converters (DACs), the Aurender W20 is equipped with various SPDIF outputs (BNC, dual AES/EBU, coaxial and optical) and one dedicated USB Audio Class 2.0 output. For network connectivity and file transfers, the W20 also comes with one a Gigabit Ethernet port and two USB 2.0 data ports.
- Innovative technology with battery power, Dual-Wire AES/EBU, Master Clock Input
- Full range of Digital Audio Outputs and Ports for Network Connectivity
- Aurender Conductor App packed with convenient features for full-function control
- MQA Core Decoder (optional in-app purchase)
- External Word Clock Support
- Dual-Wire Mode AES/EBU
- Separate LiFePO4 (LFP) Battery Power Supply for Audio Components
- Internal UPS protects against any abrupt power outages
- Oven-Controlled Crystal Oscillator (OCXO) for long term Jitter Reduction
- FPGA-Based All Digital Phase-Locked Loop System
- 12TB Hard Disk Drive Storage with Solid-State Drive Cache for Playback
- Dedicated USB Audio Class 2.0 Output with Ultra Low Noise Power Circuitry
- Quality Fanless Switching Mode Power Supply (SMPS for CPU board)
- Isolated & Damped Hard Disk Drives within own aluminium casing
- USB HDD and NAS (Network-Attached Storage) Support
- Remote Internet Technical Support
- Compatible Formats: DSD (DSF, DFF), WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, M4A, APE and others.
- Bit & Sample Rates:
- SPDIF: Up to 24-bit, 192 kHz (PCM) 1-bit, 2.8 MHz (DSD 64)
- USB: 32-bit /384 kHz, 1-bit, 2.8 MHz (DSD 64) 1-bit, 5.6 MHz (DSD 128)
- Dimensions: 430 x 106 x 370 mm (16.93 x 4.17 x 14.6 in)
- Weight: 21.9 kg (48.3 lbs)
- SSD for System and Cache: 240 GB
- Music Storage: 12 TB HDD (3.5-in 6 TB x 2)
- Power: Battery + SMPS
- Display: 3.7" Dual AMOLED
- Digital Audio Output: USB, COAX, Optical, BNC, AES/EBU x 2 (Dual-Wire)
- Master Clock Input: Word Clock or Master Clock Input (BNC) 10 MHz, 12.8 MHz (44.1 kHz and 48 kHz multiples from 1 to 512), Input impedance 75 Ω
- Other I/O: Gigabit Ethernet, USB Port x2
- Power Consumption: Play (40 W), Peak (70 W), Standby (3.5 W)
Full Aurender Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Aurender, able to source and supply their entire product range. Do contact us for more information, or to arrange a demonstration of any component.