Blade One Meta
KEF Blade One Meta are full-size single apparent source floorstanding passive loudspeakers.
Blade is an attitude. It is about exploring the art of the possible and pushing boundaries of HiFi sound without preconceptions – which is why the latest version of Blade benefits from the latest acoustic innovations. Namely, Metamaterial Absorption Technology1 (MAT™), a bespoke 12th generation Uni-Q driver array and a host of other improvements.
The Blade series consists of two models: Blade One Meta and Blade Two Meta. Both sharing the same DNA, the same technology and the same striking aesthetic. The KEF Blade One Meta are the full-size models.
Blade’s sculptural design is dictated by acoustics. Tapering gracefully from top to bottom and from front to rear, the gentle front radius presents no discontinuity to mar sound clarity. Made from an ultra-high density polyurethane composite, the acoustically inert cabinets’ complex parabolic curves are cleverly engineered to eliminate standing waves that might blur the sound.
Asserting the sophistication of the technology they contain, these stunning speakers are available in a palette of eight finishes, created by blending five cabinet finishes with six driver cone colours. If that isn’t enough, customers can also create their own customised speaker cabinet colour scheme by supplying a Pantone of their choice, for a truly unique Blade – please contact us to discuss this option.
The 12th generation Uni-Q with MAT for Blade is a bespoke driver array engineered to deliver pristine performance on KEFs flagship loudspeaker. It is the result of decades of accumulated in-house knowledge and the application of cutting-edge simulation and analysis tools. The developments are many and all play a part in Blade’s sensational performance.
At the heart of Blade lies the Single Apparent Source technology. Single Apparent Source is an extension to the iconic Uni-Q driver array, the building block of the KEF signature sound. The technology aims to achieve the acoustic ideal of a point source, where low, mid and high frequencies radiate from one point.
Perfectly calibrated drivers that cover the speaker’s entire bandwidth are configured so all frequencies appear to radiate from one single point. With Blade, four low-frequency drivers in symmetrically opposing pairs are tightly packed around a two-way Uni-Q driver where the mid-frequency and high-frequency share the same acoustic centre. The result is noticeably more precise imaging and highly accurate sound across a wider area.
This is what makes Blade incredibly coherent across all audible frequencies; what you hear is more real and immersive.
- Single Apparent Source technology revolutionises the orientation of the low, mid, and high frequency drivers to deliver sound you hear to be more real and immersive.
- Metamaterial Absorption Technology eliminates 99% of high-frequency distortion for pure, natural sound.
- Bespoke 12th generation Uni-Q with MAT driver array for exceptional acoustic accuracy.
- Two pairs of force-cancelling LF drivers deliver clean, massively extended bass.
- Enhanced crossover design fine-tuned the signal path for maximum clarity.
- Optimised cabinet design for best acoustic performance.
- Two models: Blade One Meta, Blade Two Meta.
- Available in eight finishes.
- Customised finishes also available upon request.
- Design: Three-Way Bass Reflex, Single Apparent Source
- Uni-Q driver array: HF 25 mm aluminium dome with MAT, MF 125 mm aluminium cone
- Bass units: LF: 4 x 225 mm aluminium cone, force cancelling
- Frequency Range Free Field (-6 dB): 27 Hz – 45 kHz
- Frequency Range Typical In-Room Bass Response (-6 dB): 20 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 35 Hz – 35 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 350 Hz, 2 kHz
- Amplifier Requirements: 50 – 400 W
- Sensitivity (2.83 V / 1 m): 88 dB
- Harmonic distortion 2nd / 3rd harmonics (90 dB @ 1 m): < 0.5 % 40 Hz – 100 kHz, < 0.2 % 200 Hz – 2 kHz, < 0.1 % 2 kHz – 20 kHz
- Maximum output SPL (peak sound pressure level at 1 m with pink noise): 117 dB
- Impedance: 4 Ω (min. 2.8 Ω)
- Weight: 57.2 kg
- Dimensions with plinth (H x W x D): 1590 x 363 x 540 mm
Full KEF Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are long-term official retail partners for KEF Audio, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.
There are no reviews yet.