Reference Tonearm Generation III
Since its debut in 2014, Vertere Reference Tonearm has been the absolute benchmark and has facilitated the design of all subsequent Vertere reference products.
Every part of the Vertere Reference Tonearm has been individually designed and manufactured to overcome the shortcomings of existing tonearms. Each detail is meticulously engineered and contributes to the excellence of the whole.
Performance is enhanced to a level of resolution, clarity, dynamics, timing and sheer power that is normally associated with live music. The third generation brings additional flexibility, ease of use/fine-tuning and, of course, improved performance.
The reference tonearm comes with a second tungsten carbide loaded counterweight to accommodate much heavier cartridges than standard. This heavier counterweight also has extra screw‐on end caps to further increase the weight if required.
The tonearm cueing light, integrated into the head‐shell, is a blessing when playing records as well as being an essential aid when setting up a cartridge. The illumination LEDs are powered by the elegant, battery operated, noise‐free power supply that also allows dimming control.
When it comes to attention to detail the Vertere reference tonearm gets into every minutiae. From illuminated Anti‐skate dial and logos to the proprietary lift/lower mechanism and mounting plate every component is custom‐built for this formidable tonearm.
As the cartridge tracks the record it also has to move the tonearm, side to side and up and down. It does this in order to position itself, as closely as possible, on the mean line of the groove. Failure to do this accurately will result in loss and distortion of the musical signal the cartridge is to extract.
To assist the cartridge in this cumbersome task, the reference tonearm utilises a unique bearing design both in the horizontal and vertical planes. Using several hundreds of microns-thick Kevlar threads provides silent, ultra‐low friction movement of the arm without any stiction.
Rigid, light, non‐resonant are key words when it comes to tonearm tubes and head‐shells and titanium is most suitable material. On the reference tonearm the arm tube is machined down to a mere 0.4 mm in-wall thickness maximising rigidity to weight ratio.
The sculpted head‐shell is then fuse welded to the arm tube to behave as one piece. This property is specific to titanium.
- The unique vertical and horizontal pivoting motion is provided by non-rotating fine Kevlar fibre. The result is the first truly "noiseless" and stiction-free tonearm bearing.
- The main counterweight is articulated in the vertical and horizontal planes through precision ball race bearings. To ensure accurate tracking even on warped records.
- For ideal rigidity, the arm tube & head shell are machined from solid titanium then fuse welded to form a homogenous component.
- Horizontal & vertical bearings are offset by 23 mm to optimise tracking accuracy and information retrieval.
- Anti-skate force is applied using microns thick non-resonant, frictionless silicone polymer strip with gradual magnetic compensator.
- Unique Transit Clamping System allows secure transportation keeping the arm/cartridge safe and perfectly setup. In addition, the UTCS ensures exact performance after shipment and reinstallation. The use of the clamp also assists with mounting the cartridge safely and precisely.
- Custom built lift/lower mechanism, precision engineered to ensure smooth, firm & accurate cueing.
- Type: Pivoted
- Effective Length: 240 mm Horizontal, 263 mm Vertical
- Overhang: 17.5 mm
- Offset Angle: 22.9°
- Head-Shell & Arm Tube: Titanium + Titanium, Fuse Welded
- Bearing Yoke Structure: Aluminium Alloy Body, Titanium Insert
- Bearing Type: Non-Rotating microns-thick Kevlar thread fibres
- Counter Weight: Stainless (Standard) + End Discs, Stainless & Tungsten Carbide (Heavy) + End Discs, Articulated Triple Ball Races
- Internal Wiring: Special Hand-Built Pulse, Signal + LED Power Wiring
- Counter Weight System: Articulated, Three Ball Races
- Connector: Proprietary Cartridge + Cable Connectors, Triple-thickness Gold Plated Contacts, Vertere 7-Way Tonearm Connector
- Tonearm Cable: Special Pulse-HB Hand-built, Triple-thickness Gold Plated Contacts, Vertere HB Reference 23.95ct Gold/5 micron+
- Queuing Light Power Supply: Dimmable – Battery Powered
- Standard Counterweight (x1): 142 g
- Standard C/W Disc (x6): Each 7.6 g
- Special Counterweight (x1): 83 g
- Tungsten Carbide C/W Insert (x1): 114 g
- Special C/W Disc (x4): Each 7.6 g
- Overall Weight (With Std C/W & x4 Discs): Approx. 627 g
Full Vertere Acoustics Range Available
Unilet Sound & Vision are official retail partners for Vertere Acoustics, providing sales, advice and assistance on their entire range of high-quality vinyl audio reproduction products. Please do get in touch if you would like a demonstration or wish to purchase.