For the first time ever in a STAX driver unit, the SRM-727MK2 uses a semiconductor output drive stage and non-feedback output stage. A pure balanced DC amplifier configuration is used for the large current emitter follower Class A output stage.
This makes it possible to achieve a much more vivid and dynamic sound quality, with frequency response raised to 115kHz (up from 100kHz).
A high level of sound purity is delivered through the simple two-stage amplification circuit with low-noise FET input stage. A significant increase in dynamic range is evident, especially in the upper frequencies.
This is a brand-new headphone driver unit that opens up new vistas for the sense of mass and textural expression, supported by a virtually unparalleled degree of resolution, a natural sense of openness, and a solid, expressive power section.
SRM-727MK2 also features a newly-designed front panel, with rounded corners in brushed aluminium finish, and a Bypass Mode that enables direct connection to preamplifiers, passive volume controls or integrated amplifiers and receivers with pre-out. This is a direct switch that avoids duplication of volume controls.
- Drives all STAX electrostatic earspeakers (headphones)
- Redesigned front panel
- Class A, non-feedback output stage amplifier
- Pure balanced system
- Bypass connection
- Type: All-stage semiconductors, low noise dual FET input, non-NFB Class A operation, pure balance DC amplifier configuration earspeaker driver unit
- Frequency Response: DC to 115kHz (if used with SR-007 or SR-404)
- High Harmonic Distortion: Max. 0.01% (with 100 to 10kHz, 100V RMS)
- Gain: 54dB (x500)
- Input Terminal: RCA or XLR with 1 RCA parallel out
- Rated Input Level: 200mV / 100V Outputs
- Input Impedance: 50Kohm(RCA), 50kohm x2 (XLR)
- Max. Output Voltage: 450V RMS (1kHz)
- Standard Bias Voltage: PRO 580V x 2
- Power Voltage Frequency: 117V (50Hz / 60Hz)
- Power Consumption: 46W
- Temperature & Humidity: 0 to 35°C / 90% max. without condensation
- Dimensions: 7.7 (W) x 4.1 (H) x 16.5 (D) in
- Weight: 11.5lbs
- Warranty: 1-year U.S. limited warranty